Total Gym XLS – Universal Home Gym For Total Body Workout Review
What Is The Total Gym XLS?
Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley say that the total gym xls is a simple machine but very effective one and I really have to agree with them. You are able you do a bunch of variety exercises targeting your whole body.
This Total Gym XLS will shed some light on this famous home gym.
As seen on TV, you sit or lie on the incline bench moving forward and backward with the help of the pulleys and your body weight allowing you to workout arms, legs, abdominal region and much more. It is said that with the total gym xls you could do a full body workout in limited time (30 minutes more or less).
It is meant more for beginners and intermediate users as more advance users have claimed that the exercises you perform are too easy and I agree here as well. Nothing compares to the workout of free weights but this total gym does compare quite nicely for people that are looking for an efficient way to get in shape.
- Total Gym XLS is Total Gym’s top-of-the-line home fitness system and is great for ages 8 to 80 – the entire family can get a full body workout on 1 machine. Works with all fitness levels from beginner to advanced.
- Includes Wing Attachment, Leg Pull Accessory, Ribbed Squat Stand, 5 Workout DVDs, Exercise Chart, Training Deck, and Nutritional/Meal Planning Guide.
- A 400 lb. weight capacity and over 80 exercises to work all of your major muscle groups – cardio, strength training, circuit training and stretching, all on one machine.
- No assembly required, universal home gym folds for easy storage.
- Protected by a 6-month warranty on all parts plus a Lifetime Warranty on the frame.
Pros Vs. Cons
- Distinct amount of exercises
- Excellent for a beginner
- Not much assembly is required
- Allows you to workout in shorter amount of time
- Not ideal for users over 6 feet
- You cant add weight
- A little expensive at $850.00
What Others Have Said
There are quite a few reviews from people that have used the total gym xls online. There are rarely any negative reviews but the ones that were negative came from users that said this total gym was uncomfortable because they were over 6 feet. There have also been one or two cases where the total gym xls was poorly built and packed in their factory.
Apart from this, the total gym xls is a very good piece of equipment but are there better options?
At the end of the day I do recommend the total gym xls to a certain extent. My only concern with this piece of total gym besides the obvious points that I stated, the fact that you can have a very similar piece of equipment for $600 less in the weider ultimate body works. take a look at my review for the weider ultimate body works.
Have you had any experience with the Total Gym XLS ? Then please share your thoughts down in the comment section.
Tags: total gym xls, Universal Home Gym
Categorised in: Home Gym